GEORGETOWN, Texas — Fresh-made tacos and tenders and hand-pressed tortillas are some of the foodservice offerings in the first new brick-and-mortar TXB convenience store, in Georgetown, Texas, following its rebrand from Kwik Chek.
The rebrand to TXB (Texas Born) emphasizes the Texan roots and values upon which the brand was built: authenticity, hospitality and integrity, the company said. TXB plans on opening more new c-stores in the upcoming years throughout Texas.
TXB locations will offer a variety of fresh, restaurant-quality food items prepared on-site for breakfast, lunch and dinner. New c-stores will include the brand’s latest culinary creations, including Texas Scorpion Bites made with spicy jalapenos, fried shrimp tacos and TXB Habanero Queso.
In addition, this new location includes the following:
- Ample outdoor seating options outfitted with misting systems and fans to fend off the Texas heat.
- A hand-washing area outside of the bathrooms, allowing customers to wash hands before eating without entering a bathroom.
- Two electric-vehicle (EV) fast-charging stations.
- Two 75-inch digital, voice-activated lottery ticket screens.
“The opening of the first TXB location is a monumental moment for the company following our rebrand,” said Kevin Smartt, CEO of TXB. “This rebrand is more than just a different logo or name; this is a true reflection of who we are as a company. We want our guests to have the absolute best experience, whether it’s our fresh foods, versatile, eco-friendly packaging, convenient technology, clean environment or hospitable employees; it all reflects the TXB mission to Leave ‘em Better.”
The company’s product lineup boasts on-the-go, non-GMO snacks and beverages that are “Texas Born” by sourcing products and ingredients from local vendors. Food and beverage items available in the market include:
- Locally sourced private label products from Texas, including beef jerky, hand-pressed tortillas, sliced fajita veggies and ready-to-cook meats like marinated beef skirt steak and chicken breast fajitas.
- Artisan products like fine chocolates, gourmet cheeses, salamis and wine.
- Healthy packaged and prepared foods like take-home salad kits, veggies and fresh fruit. Fresh items such as sushi, salmon and shrimp will also be available.
- Dispensed beverages including bean-to-cup hot coffee, nitro coffee, cold brew coffee, frozen coffee, smoothies, frozen drinks, milkshakes and TXB craft fountain flavors made with sugar cane.
Mobile checkout options at TXB pumps and registers allow guests to pay quickly using the secure TXB mobile app while also earning fuel discounts and in-store savings through the loyalty program.
Over the next few years, all existing Kwik Chek locations will fully transition to TXB markets, with several stores’ rebrands already under way.
Spicewood, Texas-based TXB last year announced its rebrand from Kwik Chek to emphasize the Texas roots and values upon which the brand was built. It has 46 locations throughout Texas and Oklahoma.
Members help make our journalism possible. Become a CSP member today and unlock exclusive benefits, including unlimited access to all of our content. Sign up here.